Monday, December 21, 2009

Amazing Love

Yesterday, of course, was Sunday. Christmas Sunday. We had awesome services yesterday and I am so thankful for Jesus. Last night was our celebration of the Lord's Supper and I was just overwhelmed by the love that Christ has for us. Christ WILLINGLY came to earth as a baby, KNOWING what was in store for him, but he didn't resist. He didn't do it scornfully. He did it out of LOVE! Amazing, huh? Jesus Christ was born in a manger, the Messiah. He grew up to be a man and died on the cross for my sins, and yours too. And the best part of it all is, he rose again! He's alive!

Every Christmas we celebrate Christ's birth, but for some reason this Christmas it is so much more relevant to me personally. I don't know, maybe I'm just maturing or something, but I'm just completely amazed by this act of love that Jesus did for ME! I don't deserve His love. His mercy. His forgiveness. His salvation. I don't deserve any of it. But He gives it to me anyway!

Thank You, Jesus, for loving me and for coming to the earth, humbling yourself, leaving your heavenly throne, to pay the price for me. Thank You so much, and help me always to remember the importance of your birth, death, & resurrection and to never take it for granted.

So this Christmas season try to focus on what Christmas is about. Sure, we all give and receive gifts, we pretend about Santa, ect. But the greatest gift of all is truly, Jesus Christ. Take a little time over this next week to meditate on the real reason for Christmas. Think about what Christ did for YOU!

Chris Tomlin
Amazing Love

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.

(Chorus)
Amazing love,
How can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it’s true.
It’s my joy to honor You,
In all I do, I honor You.

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.


You are my King
Jesus You are my King


You are my King

No comments:

Post a Comment